Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsZoology · 1 decade ago

can someone tell me what jobs you can get if you have a degree in zoology. what does a zoologist do (any info)

i would like to know anything about zoology.

because i want a career in animals

Favorite Answer

lots of things -

work at a zoo as a variety of occupations

work at an aquarium - variety of occupations

some agricultural extention offices hire zoologists for animal recovery/control work

check out a career oriented website for more - these are just a few places to start

you might also look at being some type of lab assistant at a local college as either a researcher or instructor

Source(s): i have a BS and MS in Biology

I have a degree in zoology and work as a wildlife biologist. I specialize in ornithology (the study of birds). You can work in a zoo, museum, for a government agency (US Forest Service, Dept. of Fish and Wildlife, etc.), a university, a non-profit organization, or an environmental consultant firm.

Zoologists study animals. You could work at a zoo or study animals in the wild.

I am a Canid ethologist working with a group of behavioral geneticists studying dog behavior. ( ethology is a branch of zoology dealing with the study of animal behavior in the wild; at one time I studied Canis lupus arctos in Alaska )