Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

WTF? What is it w/these foreigners?

They should be thanking god for even getting a chance to play in the NBA...but yet some of them don't even want to come over....example Yi Jianlian....others in Europe that stay there...wtf? Someone want to try to explain?

• cold
    Favorite Answer

I want to see Yi play, but I dont really like taking some guy named Vladishlavovinkovitz Kruzavikmanzukanyukndorferjew with your top 10 draft pick.

• D.J.

Yi Jianlian wanted to come here he just wants to play in a big city, and alot of these players are under contract with other teams overseas, so they can't come till their contracts are over, or if they buy them out

I think that the fact that Yi is from a comunist country they have something to do with it

They want him to be at a big City so it would bring them more money (I'm guessing)

• Marie

I agree... I think it's their thinking that "i should play for my country" but what they don't realize is that the USA is the world's capital of Basketball. Take a look at Dirk Nowitzki... At first he was kinda reluctanat to come in the USA and play, but after a little bit of persuasion he decided to do it... and after all his hard work, he ended up being 2006-2007 Season MVP.

some foreign players feel like they have a dedication to their country. say some people from the U.S wouldnt go over to Europe to play basketball. It would just seem more logical to stay in your home country and having a certain pride for representing their country. but im not speaking for all foreigners because some have their own reasons. people just need to respect that its their decision and they will decide wuts best for themselves.

Yeah man I hate seeing those players with names with vladivostokavozithisvhickslv it makes me don't want to watch the game since it's kinda gay