do i have depression?

im only 13 years old but i think i have depression... sort of... i feel like i have no friends even though i do... but i guess i just want all the attention on me... darien, ct is very stressful. all the "beautiful" people go there, and thats where i live. i used to live in rowayton, ct. everything was so much more... nicer. not snotty at all... i cant take it. what should i do, is it depression? darien has slapped my face into the real world of beautiful. i am not one of them.

• TR.
    Favorite Answer

You don't sound depressed. You sound like a teenager.

http://www.findingstone.com/services/tests/depress...

I think if you take that you'll find you aren't depressed.

If you are though, go to the doctor and get a referral to a psychologist.

it's probably not depression. you're probably just stressed out or nervous and are craving for attention. superficiality is something that is hard to deal with for everyone. plus, moving is a hard transition. if you see yourself lacking off, spending more time alone or something like that, go to your parents and talk to them about getting help, like a counselor or psychiatrist. good luck dear. feel better.

• ?

my town seemed SO much better when i was a little kid also, than now when Im a teenager. I havent moved at all. So I believe its not so much the transition of towns, it's just that, being a teenager sure su*ks!

you're not depressed...you're a teenager..but if you ever feel like things are getting worst...or you want to hurt yourself or others and you're not comfortable with your thoughts...try talking to your parents or a school consuler...they'll provide you with the right help you may need..

well about your friends you could always just stand out and then get friends that give you more attention.

talk to your parents or counselors.