Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 decade ago

Why would you want to be a bank teller?

Favorite Answer

It is a good job. It does not require a lot of manual labor. One needs to have common sense and intelligence to do the job and even though we are moving toward a paperless society, the cash and financial services are still necessary so you are helping others. It is an honorable profession.

• kb9kbu

You'd get to meet other people and depending on busy the place is, maybe chat for a couple minutes. I'm talking about your small hometown banks, not in a city.

I live in a small town and know a couple of the tellers here personally, so they can take a minute now & then to chat.

I would in a good area, the chance of you getting robbed would scare me a bit. Then again you have to fit the " Personality " To be a banker. I and a few other people tried to apply for a banking position, and you had to have a certain personality.

It is an entry level job if you want to get into banking and if you have it on a resume it looks like you deal with the public well.

So I can get shot by armed robbers and disrespected at all hours of my terrible 9 to 5 shift.

It's a couple steps up from being a Wal-Mart cashier.