Is it normal after you have a baby to have your first period then be realy late for your 2nd?

My son is 8months old and i stoped breastfeeding him at 6 months I had my first period in may but now I don't have one, and I've taken pregnancy tests and i'm not pregnant. Whats going on? Is it normal? How long does it take to get back on a regular cycle?

Favorite Answer

Yes its normal! It takes your body quite a while to get back on track, especially if you've been breastfeeding!! So because of this, remember to be EXTRA careful when having sex because if even you aren't menstrating you can still be ovulating!! It may take a few more months to get back on a normal cycle since you just finished breastfeeding! Good luck!

Source(s): Mother of two

Yes it can take up to 3 to 4 cycles for you to go back to normal if your not breast feeding. If you are breast feeding your cycle might be off until you ween the baby. Good Luck!

Source(s): Mom to two and a CNA (Certified Nurses Assistant).

Very normal, the worst thing for you to do is worry about it, it can actually prolong your period even more. Just think, no period today, meaning no bloating, no cramps, and no being even more tired with the newborn.

• Violet

It can take months to be regular again... if you know you're not pregnant, that's probably all it is.

give yourself at least 6 months to regulate....