Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 1 decade ago

What are transitions ..?

I need to Find a short paragraph of words containing transitions that show the paragraph is written in chronological order

• Favorite Answer

Transition words are words like these:

Suddenly

Afterwards

After

Before

Later on

Lastly

Last

Finally

and so on . . . do you understand now?

I hope I helped.

Source(s): 2nd grade

At 1:00 p.m. I realized that my transitions were not working. For fifteen minutes, I spun around in my chair thinking, "How can I relay time in my writing?" After a half hour completely stalled, I went crazy trying to think of ways to handle Chronos, my tormentor. So I broke the choke hold by dedicating fifteen minutes to writing a list of words that had to do with time transitions, like "then, next, afterward, before." Time after time, I crumpled my efforts and shot two-pointers. Then, an epiphany. It was so simple. All I had to do was write down the time itself. By three o'clock, I had a brilliantly organized paragraph. I will have an A in my hands at 4:00 p.m., class time. In your face Chronos!