could you have a false negitive pregnancy test 6 days before your period is due?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • atiana
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

you sure can! my best friend took a pregnancy test and it was negative, so she thought she couldn't be pregnant. but she hadn't had a period in about two months.

she took three or four more tests the next week and every one of them said positive! she went to the doctor and found out that she was already three months pregnant!!!

I'm so happy!!!!!

you should be able to tell with the new digital tests that are available if you're pregnant now!

get more than one test, and get more than one brand too! you should have results soon!!

• 1 decade ago

Yes. Most pregnancy test have a limit of accuracy of 5 days before your period. However, the closer you wait until your period is supposed to start, the more accurate the test. That means that even 5 days before your period, you could get a false negitive. However, most early pregnancy tests are over 90% accurate (some as high as 99% accurate) the day or two before your period. Try again in a few days.

• 1 decade ago

Your not supposed to take a pregnancy test until after your period is late. And even then it might be to early. You should really wait until your at least 7 days late and then take a home pregnancy test.

Many factors can cause a period to be late.

Such as:

-Stress

-Change in exercise or diet

-Weight gain or loss

-Excessive exercising

Just wait until your at least 7 days late.

Source(s): Mother of two 2 year old son 1 year old daughter 2 miscarriages TTC
  • 1 decade ago

Yes. It's VERY common to have falsely negative pregnancy tests. My best friend had been pregnant for 4 MONTHS, and the couple of tests she took were still saying that she was not pregnant.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yes, 6 days before your period is really too early to test. Try waiting another 6 days and then retest if you haven't started your period yet.

Source(s): mom to 3 yr old boy and 27 weeks with a girl
  • 1 decade ago

Yes, that is too early to test by most test, even a 1st response does not pick up before 4 to 5! Test again in 2 more days with a 1st response! Baby dust to you!

• 1 decade ago

Yes, it is very hard for a pregnancy test to detect anything that soon, wait until your period.

• 1 decade ago

i was 8 months pregnant and got a false pregnancy test.

• Definitely! It's too early to test

• Sarah
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

probably, the one i used said to use it the first day of your missed period and if you do it earlier it might make a mistake. they have the early results ones though....just check the directions for how soon you can use it and go from there

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.