How long does Scotch Whiskey last?

Of course just to be more specific. Its on a bottle(Obviously) hidden away from the sun and kept at a room temperature setting.

How long do they usually last.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Trid
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If it's not been opened, it will last virtually forever. Even opened, it will not go bad, but the emptier the bottle, the more oxygen is in the remaining space and that will eventually begin to deteriorate the flavors of the whisky. There's no way to give a specific time for that to occur, or if you're even going to notice the effects. It will still be plenty good after 3-5 years, though.

• 1 decade ago

Depends on what you mean by last. Because its a distilled spirit, its safe to drink between now and the end of mankind. Time will change the flavor, faster if its been open. I've had some JD that was opened and exposed to summer heat for two years that tasted ok. I'm not sure what the upper limit is, but I'll bet its a long time if its unopened.

• 1 decade ago

3-5 years if you make sure you have a tight seal on the bottle. Maybe longer.

A common trick is to take a sharpie marker and mark the level you pour off. That way you can see if the level drops in between drinks-if it drops, than the alcohol is evaporating and you people that drink often do notice a taste difference.

• 1 decade ago

When I was a drinkin' man, they'd probably last about 3 days.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

the more aged the better 100 years or so..

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

In MY house...?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

FOREVER

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.