What guitar should I trade for?

I own a few Deans and a Fender Highway One strat. The strat is a little over 7 years old, and I'm looking for a good guitar to trade my Fender for to just mess around on. Looking at the fairly low end, 300-500 bucks (if you call that low hehe...it's just what i think I can get for the Fender). Im thinking about a Jackson DXMG Dinky. It's about $450 or so, but its got a great feel and sound to it. Any other suggestions? NO Epiphones please! lol

Added: I am getting rid of the Fender either way. I play hard rock/metal and it just doesnt hold up for me. The action is terrible, the stupid pickguard rattles when I pick faster than about 160 bpm, and even after replacing the single coils with stacked humbuckers it sounds like crap playing what I play.

Favorite Answer

It sounds like you are making the right decision here. If you play metal a Strat is not what you need to obtain the sound you are looking for. The Jackson is a good guitar for the money and a great import guitar. I personally am in love with the new Ibanez guitars(particularly the SZ series) for metal sound. They are light in weight and heavy on sound! They are very fairly priced and most are in the price range you are looking at. I have a "S" series and prefer it over my Gibson Les Paul Voodoo in both sound and performance (and it was 1/3 the price, OUCH!!!) Good luck bro and keep playing metal! We have to keep it alive!

Keep the Fender. I traded and afterward, I felt like ;

1- I didnt get a good deal.

2- I missed the other guitar for its sound and action.

So, keep the Fender, you won't get a good deal straight up, axe for axe...I've been there and done that.

Source(s): been there and done that.

Keep the Strat. It's the best guitar for the money and a timeless design.

Source(s): 30 yrs. of playing.

go with the jackson one, in my opinion i dont care how much the guitar costs its how fast and easy i can move my fingers on it