Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 1 decade ago

if you play a video game console on a big screen too much will it mess up my bigscreen?

i play my wii on my big screen television ALOT. i play for 2 hours straight, stop playing for an hour and 30 minutes and evenually play again. my parents say that the bigscreen might "over heat" the tv and cause some kind of destruction on the television. is this true?

Favorite Answer

If your game has NON MOVING ICONs those ICONs can burn an image into your picture tubes.

That's why you don't pause your games to mow the lawn.....

You change the channel THEN mow the lawn.....

Source(s): Over 24 years servicing TV sets.......

Just don't let it sit on the same screen for too long. I have a 50" plasma and if you leave the same image on the screen for long enough you can see the image after you turn the tv off. This is the same problem that older computer screens use to have. It might go away after some time but you may be stuck with a burned in image.

There are nonetheless a lot of console manuals that warn against making use of them with *projection tvs* (with the disclamer, 'until eventually this is the liquid crystal demonstrate form') or you will desire to be risk-free if the television is made after approximately 1995. After then the adult men that made all of them started determining quite a number of human beings had to play video games on their units and made some differences.

This is something that i've never heard of. I think your fine with playing it as long as you are giving it a little break everynow and then. Helps by restarting(on/off) your tv every 30 min

I believe it will. my son played a PS2 on our big screen almost every night then it slowly began to mess up. Now the screens all blurry and you cant read ANYTHING on the TV Guide channel. It sucks!

if that was true than my 55" screen would be fried cuz i play x-box 360 that much and its fine. if it would over heat with videogames like that then it would overheat with just watching tv and they dont. people say that videogames are bad for them but they are fine

i don't believe that can happen it doesn't happen when you watch TV all day so i don't think it will happen from that it usually gets messed up as it gets older and wares down

televisions are meant to be used

it may over heat

but i dont think that'll break it

i really highly doubt it, your parents are probably just tryin' to get you to stop playing games

i dont think so!!