Dulos
Dulos asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

I straighten my hair but when it's humid outside....ugh... what to do to keep it straight?

Favorite Answer

use wax, or get the Simply Stylin Light Silk spray...that will protect ur hair from damage from the iron, AND humidity..and it makes ur hair nice and soft and shiny because its pure silicone, and silicone coats the hair shaft, protecting it from humidity not allowing it to get in and frizz up ur hair

Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine

John Frieda Anti Frizz Serum

I know what you go through I try to do that

OK this is what you do

The night before you go to sleep-

pre-straighten it

sleep with your hair in a ponytail

pin your bangs up(if you have any)

In the morning or whenever you do your hair-

take the ponytail out

spray a light mist of water

straighten it with the iron(pay EXRA attention to the tips)

apply straightnig gel

apply holding spray

hope you have your great straight hair :-)-mayte

Source(s): been dere done that

OMG i have the same problem! Try putting some sort of hair lotion or defrizzing "stuff" lol such as Biosilk or Garnier Fructis smoothing milk. they both smell really good.

also, try wiping your neck if you are sweating.

• if your hair is naturally wavy or curly its going to be that way when its humid...your best bet is to either put it up or be happy with it curly and maybe use something to help with frizz

ok i would knw this be cause i straiten my hair to i would kinda stay in more and if yo udo got out . hope in the car and blast the a/c and it will not frizz it works for me!!!

i have the same evil problem. nothing seems to work for me. except FRIZZ EAZE shampoo and conditioner. it works fine for me until i decide to go swimming or it rains or something and my hair gets all wet again

Source(s): knowledge and experience

I don't have that problem. What brand flat iron do you own? That could be the problem. Also, you should flat iron your hair in small sections instead of big hunks.

I dont know, just dont get no perm, maybe you can get extentions, just not no perm, dont straightin it to much or your hair can get fried and damaged and you'll look like a electricuted chicken