What if you were to...?

to be told that everything you ever thought you knew about yourself or your existence was just a part of someone else's dream (not even your own)?

• guru
    Favorite Answer

I'm fine with that. I believe that identity is a self-construction anyway. Whether it is yourself or myself who contructed me, that's kewl too.

I'm fine being a figment of your imagination, although the pay sucks.

I'd kill myself by waking them up, probably. But the joke would be on then cause I'd wind up haunting their nightmares ^^

Even better, what if you found out that everything you ever thought you knew about yourself or your existence was just a part of someone else's dream (not even your own) and then you found out that they were just the figment of some five year old kid's imagination and THEN you find out that that kid was your ex best friend from preschool's imaginary friend? Now how mindblowing would that be? XD

I would be like that is pretty cool because sometimes life seems like a dream or is it really real we would never know because we as humans don't think like that.

I'd call whoever told me that a solipsist. I know there is an internal way it feels to be me, that is my consciousness. Thus I know such a statement to be untrue.

• dddbbb

It is. Unless you're of the tiny non-conformist minority that makes their own decisions about how to live in this narrowminded society.

What if I had a clever response?

I love playing "What if" -- it's so easy to do!

• ?

I'd be devastated. I'd feel like I was in Hell, actually.