After a c-section???

How long does bleeding occur?

I had my c-section 7 days ago and it is not all the time bleeding, it is just spontaneous through out the day.

Favorite Answer

Whether you had a c-section or vaginal birth your bleeding can last up to 6 weeks. It is not a period but just your body cleaning out the rest of the pregnancy.

Don't worry, the 6 weeks goes by really quick. Just take it way easy and let yourself heal. C-sections are major surgery and you would be amazed how easy it is to cause yourself problems by not taking it easy. Relax and enjoy baby.. it goes by fast!

The spotting may last up to 3-6 weeks. I've had 3 c-sections and it was a good month before the bleeding completely stopped each time. Hope you're healing well.

I had a c section 23 days ago and ive stopped bleeding. I asked my OB at my postpartum visit and he said anywhere from 3 to 8 weeks even with a c section is normal.

Hi,

A regular flow lasted 2 weeks!! I was like darn I thought only vaginal deliveries lasted this long but nopeeeee its normal! I bled heavy from the time I had her until 10 after.. Then I spotted red for a week then I had the brownish spotting,, I swore I was never going to stop all together!

I have had 2 periods since then and they have been ubber heavy, I was changing every 15/20mins,,,,,This last time it was like that the frst 2 days then it was better..My Dr told me it will be back to normal within 3months!

I hope all is well with the new baby!!!!!!!!!

Do you mean vaginal bleeding? I've had two c-sections and wheather or not you have natural or a section you bleed for approx. 4 weeks. For me, I bled for 7 weeks after my son and 6 after my daughter!!

Source(s): mom of two

it is normal i had a c-section and i was bleeding for a month after dont worry it wil stop i know this is hard to do but try and stay off your feet get as much rest a you can while the baby is sleeping hope all is going good for you and enjoy motherhood god bless

i had a c-section and I bled for 5 weeks. it will stop I promise.put a warm towel on your belly for 15 minutes 2 times a day for a week.that will help blood to dissipate and clots will come out quicker. it's gross but it worked for me.it also feels good to the incision

This is perfectly natural. It seems like it will never end. I took me about 2 months for everything to be completely done. Good luck. It gets better.

my girlfriend had her third c-section a month ago and stopped late last week. Congrats on your little bundle of joy!