Please How do you unclogged a Kitchen Sink???

Please does anyone know how to unclogged a sink without using,a snake,we have tried drano,and took the pipes under the sink apart and also the pipe in the basement. The water is backing up into the dishwasher and than going onto my floor.Please any suggestions..Thanks!:)

Favorite Answer

I had this problem a couple of years ago. I filled up the dishwasher. I covered the sink drains so no water would come out and had the dishwasher start to pump the water out and the clog went away from the pressure of the diswasher trying to pump out.

If you have a garbage disposal the way the dishwasher is usually connected to the sink drain will sometimes cause a backwash when the disposal is used. If you have taken the pipes apart and they are clear there isn't a clog there. If there is water in the down pipes in the basement when you took them apart then the clog is between there and the sewer line which may require a roto router to cut through or you septic tank could need draining. If there isn't water in the pipes pore some in and see how fast it drains to make sure there isn't a partial clog. My bet is on the garbage disposal.

you already took two of my answers well the first thing you need to establish is were the clog is at. is it in the dishwasher itself or the out flow pipe from the dish washer and have you established if its backing up or leaking from the bottom? if you cleaned the p trap under the sink and the pipe below it and the clog isn't farther down than than the pipe in the basement its between the two and Drano wont help if its in the pipe in the wall you are going to need a snake and probably a long one

Pour 1 cup salt (ice cream or rock salt is the best) and 1 cup vinegar down the drain, followed by 3 cups boiling water. Allow to set for an hour and flush with cold water. Repeat as necessary, but at least once a month to keep your drains clear.

Hi....firstly the sink is blocked so half fill with water and then place flat of your hand over the sink hole then place your other hand over the top it ...then proceed to give a pumping action like CPR (heart starting)....this will clear any blockage may take a few vigorous pumps....you will see the water in the sink flush away....FIXED...this can be done anytime "without tools "it works for me :-)

Source(s): experience
  • T J

I know this sounds crazy but IT WORKS!!! Pour a can of coke the regular in the drain and it is fine to see it fizz - pour it fast and within a hour or less the drain will be clear! Hope this helps not had a situation like yours but our 2nd sink backs up alot and a friend told me this and have not had that prob. for 2 years now and we had tried everything!

do you have a disposal under the sink check it they can clog up easy also if draino dident work then take off the pipe under the sink take a cloths hanger stretch it out see if the block is close if so use the hanger most likley you have a build up in the pipe you will probley have to have it snaked you can do it your self if you rent one or know someone that has one but check you disposal first and then check it with a hanger or call a plumber

go into your basement and hook hose up directly to water heater thinger and put it down pipe, do it when you have not used a lot of hot water recently so water is very hot (turn up heat setting if u have to), keep putting it down and letting water seep thru, this will unclog if it is oil/grease or whatever related, the oil and stuff hardens when it cools and can clog, so hot water will allow it to run down

Put in some arm and hammer baking sode and 1 cup of white vinegar.wait at least 15 minutes ,then flush with hot water.

Source(s): I use this method myself

one is plunger and then liquid plumber careful if you have plastic drains. three is the pony up for the p;lumber to come to the house.