Do you believe...?

....that we will see a cure for cancer and AIDS in our lifetime?

38 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

i hope and wish..but truely think they have a cure to most things already... thing is..and i hate to say it..

theres no money in the cure...

i know..sounds bad..but true.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I wish. I think it would take a long time till we find a cure for cancer and AIDS.

• 1 decade ago

no. this world is based only upon matters of money and I don't think there is enough money in the world to get the cure for cancer and AIDS out of doctors.

• Jess
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Yes, because in 1950, my parents wondered if they'd see a cure for scarlet fever and polio in their lifetime. And in the '30s my grandparents wondered if they'd see a cure for flu and smallpox in their lifetime.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

No. I think that there is way too much focus on creating drug that treat the symptoms rather than a cure. We haven't even found a cure for the common cold...

• Liam M
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Yes, and I think there will also be a cure for global warming. Just as these "cures" come about, so will a batch of new threats we cannot even imagine today. So it goes......

• Chip
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I don't know. They still really haven't made any cancer at all with cancer.

I already have the cure for AIDS though: Stop sleeping around with every ho you see!

• 1 decade ago

No, at the most maybe therapies that enable a person to live with it but not be cured from it.

• 1 decade ago

They said the same thing about polio!

it was a deadly crippling menace.

Yes I believe that it is possible!

Some where there is someone like Salk in a lab trying to save lives and make a difference!

• 1 decade ago

They haven't even cured the common cold yet!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.