why did people stop bowing/curtsing towards each other? or stop ballroom dancing?wearing dresses?

Favorite Answer

Our culture has consistently been moving away from formality. Good bad or indifferent that’s the way it is.

• Zoey

Ballroom dancing still goes on. Where do you live? And dresses are awesome. I don't see any changes with that. The bowing/curtsies ..wellll I don't know where you live but I haven't seen or heard of that amongst North Americans unless on stage.

Society norms have changed so you don't see the bowing and curtseying any more. And women don't wear dresses as much any more for the same reason. As for ballroom dancing, it is becoming MORE popular, not less.

Because things change over time, a long time ago people lived in caves and most were Nomads, why did that change? People still where dresses, people still ball room dance, just not as much. Things change, its part of are history. Change is good most of the time anyway.