Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

Can I still continue to grow until my early twenties?

I am an 18 year old male( turning 19 in 2 months) and I have grown .7 of an inch in the past year. However my growth as always kind of been steady, I never really had a huge growth spurt( peak was 2 inches in one year 14-15) At 5'8 1/2 at just 15 my growth pattern told me that I was going to be 5'11, well it never happened( Dad is 5'11.5 mom 5-4) Both of my grandpas were 6 feet). when I turned 17 I had grown only to 5 foot 9. I Thought I was done growing( even though I looked like a 14 year old without any hair on my face) Well when I turned 18 during last summer, all of a sudden my voice started cracking, started growing light facial hair, fine chest hairspimples all over the place and grew .70 of an inch to my current height of 5'9.7 I still have very oily skin and my voice still breaks occasinaly and my facial hair grows very slo?w. In your opinion how much height can you think I can get

Favorite Answer

Growing up to the age of 20 or 21 is uncommon and rare and growing past the age of 21 is almost unheard of.

Hoping to grow past the age of 21 is a bit like wishful thinking.

Source(s): Health reports

Yes, some people grow taller while in their early 20s, but it's my understanding that it's not very common. Your growth pattern seems to be somewhat unusual, though, with your voice changing and your growing facial hair somewhat later than the average. What has your medical doctor told you about your growth and development?

It could be that your "growth factor" (I don't really know what to call it) is inherited from your mother, and you may not reach the 5' 11" that you were aiming for.

Ask your mom if she has records of your growth from when you were a small child. They say that a boy's height at two years old is half of what his adult height will be. (It came out exactly right for my son.)

normaly you w growth to 21 but the faster growthing is between 14 to 16 with balance diet (dart green vegetable like spinach,is high calcium small molecule the milk is large molecute and more difficult to absord by stomash.) the height no moer 5.11 in may exp

If I had to guess I'd say another couple of inches wouldn't be entirely impossible. Sounds like you're a late bloomer as they say. Usually height is one of the first things to develop during puberty but it appears you may be taking your time getting around to it. :)

Good luck!

• Stimpy

Guys can grow well into their college years (early 20's). As for your final height, you may want to consult the fortune-teller down the street.

I think you can still grow for sometime more. Not too sure about your final height. It's in the genes and how that manifests.