question about my vcr tape?

i have written over it many times and i wanted to the write the title of the movie i am taping tonight, but i cant overwrite it because it is so written over, and i know this sounds stupid but can i put spackling paste on the tape and let it dry then write on it without ruining the tape or vcr/dvd combo?

no, spartan dude, the sticker

Favorite Answer

I wouldn't reccomend it. Try cover the label with masking/duct tape or my personal favorite, a Post-it Note. I find that Hello My Name Is tags work very well too. They're almost the perfect size for the top label face.

Although, if you've taped onto the VHS to the point that you're out of label space i'd reccomend buying a new tape. after that many re-recordings the quality of the tape degrades greatly quite fast even on SP.

Source(s): Personal experience involving Me, Myself and I

Hey Vegas Man,

Go buy a new tape. You can't spackle, tape, glue, and paste these tapes. They are pretty delicate. It's not a stupid question but it sure is a lot of trouble to go through dude.

Check the prices of blank tapes and you'll see it's not worth the aggravation okay?

Source(s): www.walmart.com, www.amazon.com

On the tape stuff inside the vhs tape itself? That won't work. If you want to write something on the outside put a new sticker on it :D. Or go to dollar general and buy a new tape for $1.00.