I'm really at a cross. Care to give me your opinion?

I found a nest of baby bunnies in my back yard a few days ago. Well, my dog found them actually. For the first few days, it seemed as if they were being fed but here recently when I preform the dehydration test on them, their skin and fur stays tent...but their bellies aren't sunk in. Here's the thing - we have stray cats all over the place. Their nest is out in the open, it's been on average around 94 degrees outside and pouring rain, so they're all wet and stuff. I have the means to provide for them if I were to bring them in, but should I? I mean, if there is even a slight chance of the mom coming around, I don't want to mess with them but they're so big that they might as well just lay on the ground because the nest is way too small and won't even stay covered up now. I'm also worried about my dog getting out there and wanting to play with them and being a little too rough...please help me...what should I do? I'm not calling animal removal, that's out of the question.

Favorite Answer

you might call your nearest conservation office for advice.

i would call a vet...they could advise moving the nest or not. Maybe build a shelter for them? Or leave some food for the stary cats far away from the bunnies?

Bring them inside... from the details of your question ... you are really worried about them.. if you bring them in you will not have to feel quilty if somthing happens to them, the mother doesnt seem to be around maybe the dog got her.. bring them inside at least for a day or so.

Im a animal lover so I would say to take in the little guys and nurse them bake to health

I would say give it 24 hours and then raise em up to be good respectable rabbits GL

i know how you feel and i would take care of them if there was going to come around she would have by now i hope it works out