question concering 2000 honda civic ex?

i recently bought a used 2000 honda civic ex, only 88,000 miles on it. i bought it used so that i could use some extra money left over for a few things, mind you i test drove it and got a carfax report which it showed everything to be fine, i've done:

1. new spark plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor

2. new fuel filter, air filter

3. new tires on it,

4, new timing belt, alternator belt and fan, plus new water pump

5. radiator flush and brake flush

only problem is after doing this the idiot who worked on broke my exhaust valve which they had the honesty to tell me about it and fixed it for free, my only real question is i've had this car checked out and everything seems to be fine, besides probably later on doing brake pads and drums, shocks / struts, i believe in doing preventative maintance, is there anything else i should do, also note i'm not planning on put body kits or anything on it. any honest, helpful suggestions would be useful also this car is manual transmission

Favorite Answer

even though it is a manual trans you should still drain and put fresh fluid in it about once a year this will save on the trans . other then that your on the right track.

Great car! I have a 2000 automatic transmission DX with 114000 miles. I have changed the oil fairly regularly but have not done any of the other things you did. Maybe I ought to do something, huh? (But I have never had any trouble with it)

i would change the transmission fluid changed and consider putting in a new clutch if ther is any kind of slipping, may be worn out from a learning teen or something like that.

you could change the oil in the transmission ,it to be changed just like motor oil ,just not as often ,most janeese cars use atf for its manual trannys

• george

I think you got it about all covered just kept up the preventative maintenance good luck.

always use your parking brake to avoid any damage caused to your transmission from setting in gear. you are doing good otherwise.

• ted j

Change the oil and filter.

not sure