is dating a guy cause u want a boyfriend wrong???

ok i have been through a lot in the past few years and well i really feel alone. i only have one friend but we are never able to do things like most friends being the oppisite sex(he is gay and nice but still not the same as have a friend that is a girl) and i dont have a boyfriend. so is it wrong to date a guy that i dont really like in that sort just to have a boyfriend or anybody that cares about me???by the way i am 13(please dont say that i am to young to date.not for u to decide)

thanx

Favorite Answer

It isn't necessarily wrong as it is not smart. The reason people date is because they are interested in each other. Dating is a preface to marriage. If you do not see yourself marrying a person, there is no point to date them. You would be wasting your time and misguiding the guy you are with. Further, if you know in your heart, the guy is not right for you, and you start dating, you may develop emotional feelings for him. Thus, you are emotionally involved in a relationship that you don't see working.

My advice, wait until the right one comes along. If you can be friends, that is fine. If friendship with a guy is out of the question, it is best to be single.

Absolutely not! I'm not going to pass judgment on anyone being too young to date, as when I was 13 I had many a male companion. All were friends and a few were friends of my brother. I had a lot of fun being with them; guess it was because I was somewhat a "tomboy," and got along with them very well.

Anyway, I know the real meaning behind the word "alone." Awfully depressing. Having a friend and yet not as a "boy friend" is great. I have found out that you can have just as much fun, if not more. I didn't really consider myself dating, just hanging out with friends and having a grand time. I never cared about the clothes they wore or where they lived, how much money their family had or what kind of car they drove. It just didn't matter. What did matter was that I was liked for who I was and they for who they were.

It's a great feeling to feel wanted and needed, even if it's a guy you really wouldn't consider having as a boyfriend. At least you have someone to be with and talk to and share things with, and a friend who cares. Maybe he needs someone, too! Afterall, being gay doesn't set well with some folks and he too, may be out there searching for an open ear to hear what he has to say, and a gentle voice to say "thank you," for having a kind heart to listen. Enjoy him and let your friendship blossom. There's nothing wrong with that at all! Life is too short to pass judgment on another.

Well if this dude is not the cause of the breakup, you are free to do whatever because your concious wont eat you up. But the best thing to do is wait awhile and just have friends. You need time to recooperate from your old relationship. Friends are the only thing you need, not a boyfriend. And no, dont punish the new dude for what your boyfriend did because all men wont be like him. If you punish him, no other man will want you because you are gonna treat every man like that. Take my advice.

• .

Well, you are too young to date but since you are so young its no big deal if you hang out with someone just for companionship...relationships at your age aren't serious anyway (or shouldn't be) and you'll move on or he will when something else's catches the eye.

Don't sweat it...you've got a few years until you'll be ready for one-on-one dating...in the time until then work on liking yourself better and learning to be happy even if you don't have a "boyfriend"...you'll need that ability when you get older because if you can't make you happy, nobody can.

well I dont want to say its wrong, because its your choice, but it sure isnt the right reason to date someone. It sounds like what you really need to do is put yourself out there and make some friends. Im much older then you and am single but I dont get lonely because I have lots of friends that feel that void for me. Dating someone you dont like isnt fair to yourself or the guy and its a waste of both your time.

It's not wrong, but Try not to look for them. They should look for you. And, don't go with the first guy who asks you out. They may not be the best one. And also, try doing fun things with your guy friend. he should be up to things. and if anyone should make fun of you because you're hanging out with a gay guy, ignore it. They shouldn't care. and if they do, they're not worth . and live life to the fullest! don't let not having a guy make you sad and lonely. You'll find tTHE guy in time. And only date someone if YOU truly like them, not only if they like you.

if your only 13 you have lots of time to think things through, thats a bad reason to get a boyfriend, only get a guy that cares for who you are and have known for a while if i were you ide ask your friend and see what he says, but all im saying is dont get invovled with something your not ready for

errr well you shouldnt be dating someone just so he can be your boyfriend or seem like your boyfriend. find some other girlfriends or maybe a guy that you could see yourself with, and maybe you can be together with him once you get to know each other. but dating a guy as a friend isnt bad, just dont lead him on if you dont like him!

It's unfair on the guy and will eventually cause him pain. Join some clubs, do some activities you like with like minded people. You will start making friends and may well find a guy you actually like there.

y dont u start a friendship wit a boy (a straight boy!) first then u can try to develop it into a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship..tht way u knw him better and u mite even like him....cus yea it is wrong to date a guy jus cus u want a bf...cus it aint fair if he cares about u but u dnt care about him