RPG Maker XP will not run on Microsoft Vista Home Basic?

I just got a new Vista computer running Windows Vista Home Basic. I downloaded RPG Maker XP from the Enterbrain website, Now I installed the RPG Maker XP and the RGSS-RTP stuff. Now when I started RPG Maker XP, I get an error message that RPG Maker XP has stopped working and that Windows is looking for a solution to the problem. I've tried Right-Clicking and going to properties and changing the compatibility to every Operating System it lists! It will not run and does the same thing. I tried installing the patch from the website but I got an error with that. If you have any idea how to help me please state everything you know. I am working on a very important game and I need to start working on it again ASAP. Thank you for your future answers.

Favorite Answer

Now its called RPG maker xp so its obviously designed for windows XP. Now they made a new one specificly designed for XP and vista. Now the site is http://www.rpgmpavilion.com/

now you'll be able to use it