Why do some homosexuals think some people who genuinely hate them are homosexual?

Favorite Answer

Because it's confusing as to why they even care? What is causing this fear driven hate? Why is a bully a bully? Because he's usually a coward and needs to show he's not (to himself) by picking on somebody weaker?

Like the so-called Christian's that come to this site to spread hate. Why are they even going to a site like this? What are they gaining? I suppose many are just immature losers with no life and nothing to do and like to start arguments, kind of like the menatlity of twerps that program and spread viruses. Losers all.

Because those who speak out the loudest often have something to hide. Shakespeare said it best: "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

Perhaps you've heard of Ted Haggard: former pastor of a mega-church in Colorado Springs, talked to the president every week, preached against homosexuality.... yeah, he turned out to be a 'mo.

Or perhaps you've heard of Ed Schrock, the republican congressperson from Virginia who opposed gay rights while soliciting sex from other men over the phone.

Or more recently perhaps you've heard of Tyler Whitney, currently serving as the webmaster for an anti-gay presidential candidate (Tancredo) and leading an antigay organization at his college despite being gay himself!

The self-loathing of some people knows no bounds. Sad.

The idea that latent homosexuals are likely to compensate through overt homophobia is hardly new.

An interesting study, inspired by Freud's theories of repression and reaction formation, found that straight men who endorsed high levels of homophobia (i.e., negative affect toward gays) demonstrated greater genital arousal in the presence of homoerotic stimuli than their non-homophobic counterparts.

Makes you go, "Hmmm."

• LucasW

One of the basics of psychology. That love and hate are two sides of the same coin. You can not really hate something if you have not loved it before, or if it is not something you hate in yourself.

What we hate in other people is always that what we inconciently do not like in ourselves.

Someone who is fully secure of his or her own sexuality, could not care less about someone else's.

And of course also our own life experience. EVERY time in my life I had problems with someone hating or joking about my sexuality - the person turned out to have major problems with his own.

I have not known a very masculine and secure man yet that had any problem with me. They mildly joke or tease, I joke back, and that's it.

Because they have no reason whatsoever to hate a homosexual. They could not care less.

• Tamsin

I don't think that. I just think that people who hate homosexuality simply fear what they do not know. People tend to feel anger and hate towards people and things that are different from the norm.

Gee, it could be people like that famous Evangelist who hated homosexuals but was caught with a male prostitute! You have to admit that it makes you wonder.

Once you get some experience , you are able to figure this kind of thing out . The hater , in their style of hatred , betrays his interest in the subject . Hitler had a fear that he was part Jewish , way back in his family tree. Its that kind of obsession , only w sex instead of religeon.