Should we follow Bush' advice, and grant amnesty every few years to the latest crop of illegal immigrants????

Whether he said that or not, that is what it amounts to. This isn't the first time that we granted amnesty to illegals and solved nothing.

Favorite Answer

As much as I hate Bush - and I make no secret of that - he's pretty squarely in the middle on this one and I think he actually would like to make an impact on this issue. The mob's worked up but the only real answer seems to be to accept the immigrants we have, in some form, and then tighten up on the work documents - get something that's harder to forge than a SS card. Obviously the people who keep calling that acceptance by the label "amnesty" think that's a bad word but they'll keep pasting the bumper sticker on any solution that doesn't ship all 12 million back to wherever they call home.

We need to take the politics out of immigration. If we did away with "naturalized citizenship", meaning that only people born here could be citizens (and vote), then the politicians wouldn't be doing as much posturing for voters and they'd be free to just do what's best for the country. I think that right now, both Dems and Reps are worried about how 12 to 20 million people would vote.

I do think that some form of "amnesty" (for lack of a better word) will be needed - the logistics and expense of deporting them all makes it impossible - especially comparing it to making them green card (permanent green, no citizenship) holders and taxpayers.

The borders do need to be sealed also - that would be the best thing we could do for the lower class in Mexico. Just as in our country, as long as being on welfare pays well enough to discourage getting a job, as long as escaping to the U.S. is an option for young, strong brave Mexican men, then revolution and fixing Mexico will not be an option.

No, there is not any way. And back NO! by fact amnesty devalues the rather worth of yank Citizenship. Democrats do sufficient of that. With their extra and extra open efforts to alter the be conscious citizen into the be conscious project. Deport them and reformatory their employers. as quickly as the attempt starts off, self deportation will additionally start up. As jobs dry up and certain everlasting deportations start up. worked nicely till Ed Kennedy's Immigration reform invoice handed announcing we gained't deport 12 thousands and thousands only surrenders our borders and lifestyle to foreigners. Who care no longer something for the u . s . a ..

bush was shot down today with the immigration bill in Senate it did not pass for a second time and the Senators finally saw the american people as the voice that put them in office and listened to that for once, there may be hope for america yet

Umm, i don't think that is exactly what Bush intends! I think you need to do some research.... The defeated bill was not amnesty.. Please look up the definition of amnesty... A dictionary should be efficient.. .. We obviously need to focus on securing our borders, and making it much harder for future illegal immigrants to get jobs, driving licenses etc.. Which i believe Bush is working on! GOD BLESS AMERICA

• Graham

I voted for him twice, but as the years have worn on, I've become more and more disenchanted. Al Gore of the french looking guy (kerry?) last time wouldn't have been any better, but I'm disappointed with how things have turned out.

In memeory of Fireball...this is religion here!

• Millie

We don't' need any reform, we have immigration laws, enforce them!

What does this have to do with Religion & Spirituality?

not illegal, but LEGAL

absolutely not.