byron c asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

how do you stop a fever that goes up and down?

I have recently gotten sick cuz of the cold from swimming in the morning. My fever on the first day shot up to 102 and its been like that ever since. I shouldnt be on, but i need help. What do you guys do to stop an ongoing fever?

• Drea Z
    Favorite Answer

Take motrin (ibuprofin) it will help the fever to come down. You have to get your fever to break. It could take a few days for this to happen. You need to drink plenty of liquids. Staying hydrated is very important when you are sick. If you fever is high and stays that way for more than a few days you should see your doctor. You could have something more going on. Good luck to you! Feel better soon!!

Source(s): Mom of 2

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): stop fever down: https://tr.im/k5YLK

Try tylenol if ibuprofen doesn't work and you can take acetomenaphen (sp?). That was about the only thing that helped my boyfriend when he had a 102 fever for about a week. See a doctor if your fever goes back up after taking whichever (tylenol/motrin) you choose.

Source(s): bf had bronchitis a month ago w/ a fever like that

You shouldn't try to stop a fever. A fever is your body's immune system fighting an infection. Be glad you get fevers. I stay sick for months at a time because I don't have the ability to fight most infections. I don't get fevers.

• Ice bath! It's tough, but my GOD does it work! After you get out and get something warm to eat, you will feel good as NEW! :)