Why does condensation keep gathering inside my trunk?

It happens all the time. Is it a problem with the weather-stripping?

Favorite Answer

you've most likely answered your own question... also check for spilled liquid

Edit: Oh and another thing, it might be that runoff is collecting on your back window or on top of your weather stripping, and as you're opening your trunk lid the water is pouring into your trunk--keep that in mind, I've seen it happen before

By chance is the water/condensation collecting in the bottom of where the spare tire is stored? I had the same problem with a Dodge Daytona. I never found the true location of the water entry, but I found a rubber plug on the floor of the trunk under the spare tire and took this out. Any water that did enter, escaped though the hole. It also allowed air circulation which kept the trunk dry.

If it is really condensation, then your weatherstripping is not the cause unless it's causing the trunck to overheat. Condensation forms in the trunk when the temperature in the trunk is higher than outside the car, and the condensation forms on the exterior when the warm air touches the cooler exterior surface.

The other likely cause of moisture in your trunk is that it is leaking into your trunk, and that would be caused by leaking weatherstripping.

Does the problem happen in the winter, summer, or both? If you need more help email me.

sounds like it isnt sealing properly when your closing it, check the stripping around the trunk and lid, if any of it is torn, weak, not staying put where its supposed to, just plain falling apart, etc. it needs replaced

Kill the body AGAIN