what will make a 1991 honda accord ex automatic transmission not shift?

i have a 1991 Honda accord EX. i have changed the shift solenoid an my transmission fluid, but it still will not shift. is there anything else i can do?

Favorite Answer

I had a very similar problem. it just wouldn't shift after 35mph or so... I can tell you right now it is the transmission computer, it is located on the passengers side....under the floor.. by the feet. You can bring that into like auto zone and they will order you a new one.. or problably a fixed one. Good luck!!

Source(s): Had the same trouble with a 91 honda ex

check your vacume lines it only takes a crack in line to suck air not sure what your calling ashift silanoid but check your modulator valve runs on vacume from motor check lines to it sometimes hose gets week or soft and pinches shut with vacume new hose is cheep

reverse clutch band is going your going to loose reverse all together should still have drive though