Pilipinos, are we patriotics?

I understand the reason why many pilipinos are leaving the country to work in a foreign land or even leave the Philippines for good. The disadvantage in a long run is "brain dain".

• MatT
    Favorite Answer

Filipinos are not at all patriotics.

First of all, ask any Filipina woman if she wants a Caucasian-looking partner or Filipino-looking partner and she was immediately answer the former. It is Colonial mentality, that's why all actors and actresses in the Philippines are all half Caucasians, and that's sad because native beauty is hardly appreciated at all.

Second, all Filipinos say that they want to go abroad to bring money to their fmaily but the reality is, the Philippines is a country full of employment vacancies. Filipinos who emigrate only want to do so because it is "classy" or "totally hip" to be abroad.

Third, Filipinos do not want to read their books in the inddigenous languages, choosing instead to read books in English. I do not blame them because our orthography in Filipino is really bad, but then, there are a lot of Filipinos who can't even speak any idnigenous language and yet have mastered the English language in all its depth.

So in conclusion, the answer is A RESOUNDING NO and I believe that we should start teaching our kids nationalism before our country will be gone to the dogs.

• junior

only in times of war. we can also be patriotic by going out of this country to give our young fresh college graduates the opportunity to land a job. After 2 to 3 years of work experiences, it's their turn to get out of this country.

There will be no brain drain in the Philippines. Filipinos value education very much. Even NPA commanders send their children to the best schools like Ateneo, La Salle, and UP. Druglords and gamblinglords send their children to school abroad.

There will never be brain drain here.

Yes we are patriotics! Most Filipinos I met abroad still dream to go back and retire in the PI and how we all hold and share the same passion for a peaceful and progressive Philippines. I left Philippines for good and even assumed the citizenship of my host country but it never diminished my love for my country. Patriotism is a state of mind. You can be one even if you're out of your home land.

Brain drain? I don't believe in it. There will always be a better Filipino to replace you.

Patriotic isn't connected with working abroad and looking for opportunitities to uplift the our lives.

In a way it can be considered patriotic to do that coz u are helping the country with its dollar reserves, making the peso strong, helping the economy of the country.

Brain drain' is another thing, our government should maintain or at least improve the quality of our workers by improving our educational system...

We are less Patriotic than our parents. Because there is no threat from foreign power.

We would love our country, if our country could love us enough to give us a good salary and services.

I don't believe the "ask not what your country can do for you" speech

Like in any love relationship, give and take lang yan.

• Well

Not only that, they're also matriotics as Well, dahling.

• Chez

they are just using their brain.

I don't think so.