An albino person's skin.?

This question is not for perverted jollies so please don't accuse me of it.

I'm curious if the normally pink areas of a person's skin are pink on an albino person. Like the lips, nipples, genital areas. I don't know if that color in the skin is caused by the chemical that albino's lack or just by blood near the surface of the skin.

Favorite Answer

The color of the skin will still vary due to the concentration of boold vessels, and lips and any areas of especially thin skin with lot of blood vessels will still be pink, including the genital areas and inside the mouth. Albino individuals lack melanin, the stuff that gives skin a tan or dark color, including freckles. Albino skin is pale pink-white and tends to be somewhat translucent, so it may appear a bluish color around veins. It also effects eye and hair color, meaning albino irises are pale blue, and hair tends to be white or may appear as a very pale blond.

Source(s): My very pale self., and my fascination with genetics

An albino lacks pigmentation in their skin completely- they have no melanine. The pinkish areas of the skin are pinkish because the skin is thinner in those spots and you are actually seeing the capillaries beneath, that's what is giving it the pink look. Without any pigmentation they look a little pinker, actuallly, all over. It's the white hair that usually throws you off, not so much the look of the skin. That just looks a little paler than most, but not like a walking ghost. They generally wear dark glasses to hide the pupils, aside from the odd jolt it gives other people, they are also light sensitive and ordinary light hurts their eyes. But their skin doesn't have a color, because they lack the pigment that gives it entirely.

Source(s): nurse

Albinism is a specific genetic trait. An organism either is albino or is not, so the child wouldn't be "mixed albino" or anything like that. Most children would not be albino, but it can be passed down, so there is a comparatively high chance of albinism among the children.

hi

no body hair pinkish eyes