i havent been to the beach in 2 years because im too pale?

i would like to go because i really enjoy the beach, but i feel like i would look horrible in a bathing suit. i have an ok figure but im really pale and i think that if i went to the beach (especially the jersey shore) people would laugh at me. my friends are going later this summer, and i told them id think about it. i hate how im so self-concious, its ruining my life. if you saw someone at the beach who was really pale would you mock them? i dont even wear shorts on 100 degree days because i worry about my legs being ugly. please just help me..

Favorite Answer

Don't stress out so much.You will not be the only whit girl on the beach.But If your that worried Try a tanning lotion like Jergens natural glow daily moisturizer. They have a light skin tone lotion.Its better than going to a tanning bed.Witch I do not recommend doing. Just go and have a good time.

I personally like pale skin better than tanned skin, but that's just me. ;) Go to the beach! Who cares what other people think? Go, wear a cute bathing suit that suits your body type, and have FUN!!!

• Leah

You'll get a tan by being at the beach for even just one day if its sunny! You gotta start somewhere. I'm very pale naturally. I used to spray tan, but now I just lay out a lot. You can grab some suntan lotion, find a spot in your yard or somewhere, and lay out to get a tan. It only takes a few days to get a nice base tan. You'll look just fine :]

• daisy

You won't be ugly!! Just go and have fun!!!! If you feel uneasy about your color, go to Target/CVS and pick up a bottle of tinted lotion that will gradually get your skinner darker without the effects of the sun!! I wouldn't mock anyone who was pale, because at least they aren't damaging their skin by fake-baking.

Porcelain skin is so in! I mean, pale is the new tan! Pale skin makes you look like your healthy, wear sunscreen and care for yourself, which in my opinion, is totally hot! Just go and have fun! Best of luck!

Are you kidding me? You can't be that self conscious. Lots of people are pale. Don't let it ruin your life! Throw out your fashion magazines and stop trying to look like everyone in Hollywood.

being selfconsious is worse than getting your hand stuck in the printer.(not really) Who cares how you look. not me. why should you? if they laugh, so what. laugh with them. If someone makes fun of you, just think," Atleast I went on the trip" (always think posative no matter how bad things get)

don't miss out having fun because of something that you think people are noticing..everybody is too busy being self conscience about their own bodies to be worried about yours...but my only advice if you are pale.don't forget the sunblock.you dont wnat to burn you skin.

• who cares. the only way to tan is to get outside. if you really want, you can go to a "fake n bake" tanning salon to get to a more reasonable color for yourself. go to walmart or target and get bottle of self tanning lotion.

go. then you might get a little tan. and who cares if your pale. no bodies prefect. so go and have a good time while you still can.