Don't you detest it when?

People go nuts with the scotch tape on a gift?

Give me a break, it really shouldn't take a jackhammer to get a present open!

• Jess
    Favorite Answer

I wish it were scotch tape! I have a good friend who sends packages through the mail that would make Fort Knox green with envy. She must buy strapping tape by the mile. But once I get the tape sawed, chewed, cut and shredded, the gift is well worth it.

• Amanda

My sister does that to piss people off. She once covered every inch of a Christmas gift of mine with masking tape. She is the tape master.

Funny. I used to try so hard not to tear the paper (I'm anal that way), but the scotch tape psychos have reduced me to tearing into it like a wolverine.

My father use to use duct tape on mine and my sisters Christmas gifts so we wouldn't peak... it would take an hour to open one of them... but it was well worth the trouble and time.....

my youngest sister LOVES to do this, and takes much pride in it as well. yeah, i hate it too, but she only laughs when we do the same to her, i even got her back by taping the entire present with it (it was nice and shiny over the paper). lol, she loved that one and it took scissors to get that one open.

Yea that's annoying. But on my sisters I use a role of duct tape just to be mean. Annoying your sister never gets old :-)

LMAO did you get a present from my mother???? She puts duct tape or black electrical tape on them and then laughs her butt off watching you try to open it.

Yes, but I have sadly turned into one of those people who use half a roll on one present!

• rosey

That is why I go ahead and break out the pocketknife before I attempt to open one..

• Me

My sister does that and I have to use my box cutter to get it open!