why when someone yawns or i see a commercial with nothing but yawning in it do i yawn????

Favorite Answer

It's not just you everyone does it. I have no reason why.

Yawning is known to be very contagious. Sometimes you don't even have to see someone yawn to "catch it", it happens when you read about it, talk about it or write about it; in other words pretty much if you just think about it.

At one time it was suspected that the purpose of yawning was to take in more oxygen when you were not taking in enough. It seems self-evident, however the research did not support this explanation. Now I wonder if it is related to relaxation. Yawning does relax you. I find that when I am shivering vigorously I start yawning. After a yawn my shivering stops for a short time. The yawing relaxes me.

lol i have no idea, but when i read this question i started yawning. and that happenes to me too. ill see someone yawn, and then out pops one from my mouth. i do know though that you yawn because your brain isnt getting enough oxygen, so it sends out the message that makes you yawn.

I think it's because you yawn due to a lack of oxygen or too much carbon D in the air. So I think that if you are having a lack of oxygen the people around you are breathing the same air....So I don't know...maybe thats it? its the airs falt.

yawning is contagious it is scientifically proven and they did it on myth-busters also if you see someone yawn its more then likely you to will yawn

It happenes to everyone

i cant stand it

:)