Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

Why does my knee pop when I extend my leg and bring it back in?

Why does my knee pop when I extend my leg and bring it back in? I am a 14 year old who exercises a lot. I havent had any major problems with knee besides scrapes. My knee always pops when I walk, run, or when ever I move it. I cant hear it but I can feel it when I place my hand on my knee and walk or extend my knee. So why does it pop, is it bad, and should I see a doctor?

Favorite Answer

It is likely a ligament moving over the bone, and very common. If it is not painful and your range of motion isn't limited, don't worry about it or ask the next time you are at the doctor's anyway.

Because you're not stretching properly beforehand or afterwards...stretching is the most important part of your run, make sure you do at least 15 minutes of it before, and about 10 minutes after.and as long as youre not in pain u shouldnt have 2 c a doctor hope this helps

Most likely, yes. i have a friend who i played basketball with that felt his knee pop and the basketball coach said nothing was wrong with it. Come to find out months later he went to the doctor. He had a meniscus tear. the doc told him he tore it back in feb. we're in june right now. they said it might take 12wks to heal so his Football season aint lookn so good. hes having surgery (orthoscopic) next week. our football coach said it shouldnt take him longer than a month to get back 100% since it was a small tear. might be the growth plates in your knee. im no expert, but do think its common.

Caffsans is wrong. Your knee is designed to be stronger then your knuckles so they should not pop. You have a weak tendon in your knee which isnt keeping it in place when you bend it. Wear a brace.

Source(s): I play football and have learned alot about sports injuries from it.

probably not bad. it probably just one of the small muscles or tendons on your knee clicking up against the bone. could be a result of all the running you do building up the muscles and moving slightly out of place. as long as your not in pain and it doesn't affect your performance.. then don't worry about it.

Source(s): athletic training class

same here ! im 14 but my right knee sometimes hurts so damn bad its not even funny ...i cant really help you here

it is shaped like the knuckles =they pop when you bend them =it is the joint bone