PLEASE HELP, my Friend has BAD migrane headahes & cant bear to see light, what shall this person do?

this guy has Bad Migrane headaches & comes & goes, hes laying down & sleeping all day with just taking advill.

He has no insurance/ no money/ PLEASE, I NEED SOME HELP. ill check back in little bit, but cant choose best answer for 4 hours, PLEASE HELP,

Favorite Answer

Oh, how I feel his pain. I just got my first migraine a few days ago, and my aunt who also gets them, is a nurse. She said that you need to use cold compresses on your head, on your forehead is where the pain is thriving, I would assume. Take a pack of ice or frozen peas and put that on your forhead, and this will constrict the blood vessels. Migraines are not simple headaches, so advil probably won't do a thing to make the pain go away. Stay out of light, tell him to lie down in a dark room with and ice pack on his head, it really will work. Next time he feels a migraine coming on, he should try excedrine migraine, before the migraine takes control. Some people have a "warning period" where they get blurred vision, and that would be the time to take medicine. Hope that works, migraines are terrible! Good luck to him.

nothing to do...only thing that works for me is to take a nap for about 2 hours or so and it goes away...if i stay awake, the migrane stay there...

i have a warning sign, i go about 85% blind in my left eye, and lose all perrifferal vision in that eye....light hurt my eyes and i have to look at the floor...then about 25 minutes late. the WORST HEAD PAIN EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

• i don't know of any home remedy for severe migraines, but i know of one good prescription, is imitrex....if he can't stand it anymore go to the emergency room...