Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicCelebrities · 1 decade ago

Are the Gorillaz real people?

I have been debating with my friends about the Gorillaz. I think that they are real people but my friends all think that they are just computers created by some talented geek who hides behind the scenes. Please help me end this!!!

• girl23
    Favorite Answer

they are real people, they just don't show themselves much to the public. the lead singer was the lead singer in the British band Blur. forgot his name though, i think it's Damon..

The band members (2D, Murdoc, Russel, and Noodle) are not real (obviously...they are cartoons), but the creator of the band, Damon Albarn, stated in an interview that they were based on real people. I don't know if the real people the cartoons are based on are necessarily the real band members, though. The illustrator (Jamie Hewlett) and creator/vocals (Damon Albarn [also lead singer in "Blur" and "The Good The Bad and The Queen"]) are known. The other members are unknown to the public. They do concerts in which you can see them but I don't think they ever give names. Most recently, 2 guitarists from "The Clash" have toured with Gorillaz. In the past, they have done concerts in the form of holograms (once with Madonna!). They have also performed where you can just see their silhouettes. I have seen them do interviews in puppet form, but only once or twice. Usually they are illustrated. The fictional members of the band have their own made-up stories and lives. Plastic Beach is the newest installment of their story. To find out all about their "past" there is a book called "Rise of the Ogre" in which it is all explained (the lives of the fictional characters). So the interview you read was Murdoc's personality speaking. If you look them up on Google images, you will not get very many (if at all) pictures of the real memebrs (you might get a lot of Albarn, Hewlett, various guest musicians or Danger Mouse [the producer])

it depends on how u look at it the acual band is a cartoon band but its real people playing the music and singing the songs

Yes.I have seen a pic of them somewhere......and they are actually pretty good looking.If you mean Gorillaz as in ''Feel Good Inc.'' ,''Sunshine In A Bag'' those people...

Yes, they are real people. They've been at awards shows.

Yes they are real people. I've met them.