Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Does "normal" exist? How do you define it?

Favorite Answer

Probably not. It is a spectrum, between normal and abnormal. I fall somewhere in there.... I know normal is not wanting to jump off a bridge every time you come across it. I know it is not crying yourself to sleep...or running a razor across your arm... Normal people must be so happy to be alive, and they really do see all the colors and not just black and white. I strive to be normal.

"normal" can ONLY exist once you do define or give it meaning! Really chew on this in a bigger context..... NOTHING exists until we as persons give it meaning and/or make it mean something!!!

Now consider your question once again Does normal exist? In what context do you MEAN? Normal behavior? thoughts? actions? appearance? I'd bet you have a different meaning for normal in each one of these contexts... I know I can. Now try on that "normal" to exist must have meaning and how we make or give "normal" meaning can only happen as a result of a comparison to whatever meaning we have made or given to "abnormal" existing! Yep this is deep by I dare you to just try this on as a possibility.

i dont think there really is any such thing as normal. i mean, what i conside normal, and what other people consider normal could be two completely different things. i think its just somebodys opinion of someone or something else.

I don't, it is a state of mind, in any given mind. I don't usually go for the "normal" that society wants to conform to.

It's the opposite of "abnormal" so if that doesn't define it, I don't know what does.

• Mav

It is whatever the psychologists says it is but they have to analyze it first and write a paper and then a book.

• Roxxi

yes it does....I define it was a person without OCD