Is there ANY way to be a Navy Corpsman as an Officer?

I really just wanted to know this because I'd like to get better pay by being an Officer(and having a college education of course) but I am extremely interested in being a Navy Corpsman as well...

• Mrsjvb
    Favorite Answer

sure.. be a Medical Doctor or Nurse. of course, you already have to have the MD or BSN before you can apply for a Commission in the medical Community.

of course, as an MD you would not be an HM any more.

A Navy Corpsman is an enlisted position. Actually their rating is called Hospital Corpsman.

Yes. You can apply for a commission into the Health Care Administration Section of the Medical Service Corps. With your bachelor's degree, you will need to be at least a Hospital Corpsman First Class with one year in grade at the time you apply. Talk to your Navy Career Counselor at your first permanent duty station.

Nope. Corpsman are purely enlisted. You could either be a nurse or a doctor, but not a corpsman. And by the way, officers are not paid a whole lot more, especially not the lower ranking ones.

Source(s): Navy vet.

No. To be an officer in the Navy and work in medicine, you would be a doctor. You would be a Navy doctor assigned to a Marine Corps battalion, or a doctor directly assigned to the Medical Battalion of one of the divisions, airwings, or logistics groups.

You won't have the title Corpsman though. The "Docs" are all enlisted. God bless those guys.

Source(s): 13 years in the Marine Corps. My father was a "doc" in Vietnam.

the officer equivilant of a corpsman is a Doctor or Nurse. Just the way it is, go to college. or accept the lesser pay

Source(s): I took the lesser pay. I regret that very much.

enlist. go to school whilst enlisted. work your way up in the ranks. ocs. = corpsman to officer.

Or you could just do ROTC in college and come out 2LT.

edit. thought that said corpsman AND officer.

No way Jose

No. Case closed.

yes