Should I run my ceiling fan clackwise or counter-clockwise during the summer in order to maximize my airflow?

Favorite Answer

During summer counterclockwise, winter opposite. Just make sure during the summer the air is being pushed down. In the winter you want all the warm air that builds up, to circulate, so in the winter make sure the air is being pushed up. Summer, opposite.

I think Counter clockwise... just put ur hand under the fan if u can feel the air. should circulate the air in the room. if u do it clock wise thats just pulling the heat from the ceiling down.

Stand under the fan. You want the fan to blow air down on you during the summer and up during the winter.

Source(s): General contractor.

Warm air naturally rises, cold air naturally settles. In the summer you want to bring the cold air up and in the winter you want to pull the warm air back down.

definitely CLaCKWISE...that should reeaalllyy help the airflow....

airhead.....