Do I win? asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

I'm looking for cheap NY Yankee baseball cards that I can hand out to kids.?

I'm a 4th-6th grade English teacher in Taiwan. Last year I gave out baseball cards to some of my students. While my students were very grateful for any cards I gave them, they would always look to see if it was a Yankees card. Chien-Ming Wang is a pitcher for the Yankees and is from Taiwan. As he is about the only star player of any sport from their country, the kids are crazy about him. They also love the Yankees because that is the team Wang plays for and that they can watch the most on TV. So I'm looking for current low priced Yankees cards that I can hand out to my students.

Favorite Answer

E-Bay is the best way to go. Look under New York Yankees lots and auctions with multiple Yankee cards will appear.

All current Yankee baseball cards shouldn't be worth much so you wouldn't have to pay much to obtain them. The problem is since they are not worth much noone will sell them seperately. Most likely you have to find them in packs. However like the other poster said, you may be able to find them on ebay.

By the way I am also from Taiwan and was thinking of teaching English in Taiwan. Are the demand still very high for english teachers? It is hard to find a job in New York!

They sell team sets at Wal-Mart for 3 dollars! Topps is the manufacturer, I purchased the Red Sox and St. Louis Cardinals 2007 team sets for $3.50 a piece, not a bad deal considering you know exactly which cards you are getting. A regular pack of the same edition Topps baseball cards is about $2.00 for only 10 of them, and you have no idea what players from which team you are going to get, but then there are the rare "insert" cards which is what makes buying these packs fun, some of these inserts are valued at $100 or more. If you don't have a Wal-Mart store in your area (Taiwan?), you can order the team sets online at wal-mart.com, but the shipping may be just as much as the item is worth.

You could try ebay. They have quite a bit of selection and you can buy quite a few cards at a time for not that much money, unless you are looking for particular players.

Please don't hand out Yankee cards to small children, you don't want them to start playing with matches and burning them.

try looking on the mlb shop at mlb.com