Does warm water cause clothing to shrink? Do new clothing shrink anyway if you wash it?

Does warm water cause (100% cotton) clothing to shrink? I heard that if you wash it in whether its cold or warm, a new shirt will always shrink. Recently i bought a shirt/beaker (100% cotton) at ae, it was just the right fit but it was tight on the arms. (size 2) Should i get a size larger, even though this... show more Does warm water cause (100% cotton) clothing to shrink? I heard that if you wash it in whether its cold or warm, a new shirt will always shrink.

Recently i bought a shirt/beaker (100% cotton) at ae, it was just the right fit but it was tight on the arms. (size 2) Should i get a size larger, even though this onne shows my curves? or Should i get a size larger (size 4) and then put it in warm water?

BTW, i know that heat/hot shrinks clothes. But what about warm water?

Thanks for answering. I'll give 10 points if you answer all my questions.
LIst your sources pleaaasee!!!!