What do you think about the new Vietnam categories?
Yahoo Answers has expanded Vietnam categories in travel and food to incorporate most all of the major cities there. So far, Vietnam is the only country in the Asia Pacific categories that Yahoo has done this too (sorry China and Japan). Once again, I'm submitting a multi-part question for you to answer:
1) What do you think about the expanded categories under Vietnam?
2) Do you think it is a good or bad thing?
3) Should Yahoo consider other categories under Vietnam (i.e. Travel > Vietnam > Transportation, Travel > Vietnam > Accommodations, etc.)?
4) Where are Phan Thiet, Phu Quoc, Quy Nhon and Tay Nguyen in reference to HCMC, Hanoi or Da Nang? If you've been to any of those cities, please describe the locations (I've never been to them myself).
5) Do you think the Chinese are going to get upset with Yahoo Answers for promoting Vietnam and snubbing China?
- ong jonLv 61 decade agoFavorite Answer
hey dan, only for you would i go to the trouble of answering a multi part question like this , lol... ok lets have at it...
1. in short, not necessary..
2. not bad ,but again not necessary; Thoreau once wrote,"simplify, simplify, simplify"... in response Emerson wrote, "one simplify would have sufficed" lol.. bet you didn't know i could quote Thoreau & Emerson [ whoever they were]
4. i dont believe you dont know where these places are but ok, phan thiet is north of vung tau on the coast most notable for near by "mui nhe" beach resort area...phu quoc is an island off the southern coast [ closer to cambodia than vn] it gets more populare all the time as a tourist area.. i was there yrs ago in the pouring rain, didnt see much. quy nhon, north of nha trang on the coast. has a large lepor community.. never been but its on my schedual fot next time. tay nguyen?? heard of it but cant help you there i think it's an inland provence ???
5. like to finish big here but i have no idea what the "inscrutable" chinese are thinking. lolSource(s): boy that was a lot of work... but please dont feel obliged give your old friend the points...LOL! realy you shouldnt...realy.. add on : seriously from passed expierience on this site i think maybe 2 catigories would sufice: vn travel & vn history...
- rick mLv 61 decade ago
Hi Dan, The new categories are probably a bit of over-kill. However, Vn is becoming an incredibly popular vacation spot, kinda like Costa Rica 20 or so years ago. The categories will help tourists "fine tune" their plans as well as give the locals a bit of bragging rights. All in all, probably a good thing.
I'm currently working on another category and you should e-mail me. Perhaps we could work together.
I really haven't traveled much beyond our home in Vn. Phu Quoc is the southern-most Island on the Cambodian border. I know an excellent gentleman I could put you in touch with if you would like to visit. It's a two hour ferry ride from the mainland (Ha Tien) They are both Beautiful.
Tay Nguyen is where my mother-in-law lives. A big, busy city. All are south east of Saigon.
As far as the Chinese are concerned,,, who cares lol
- Gerald JLv 71 decade ago
I think it's overkill, there is rarely more than one page of questions about Vietnam on most days, now we'll have to look at 16-18 different categories just to find one or two and probably no questions. I think it was just fine the way it was, all the questions on one or two pages. I don't think the China category people have any reason to be upset, why should they? They can still have all the questions on just a few pages and not have to check 16-18 just to find a question. I would prefer that they left it the way it was.
- juniorLv 61 decade ago
I don't think Yahoo has done a good thing except maybe to isolate Hanoi against the rest of the provinces. I regularly visit Yahoo Vietnam because i want to reminisce my travel in Ho Chi Minh and update myself what's new. I also contribute here based from my experiences around the city, in Cu Chi, the War Museums, the Reunification Palace, temples and parks.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- smilerLv 41 decade ago
Give it time and i think it will be good,in my case im no expert on Vietnam,but i am quite knowledgeble on Nha Trang as i live here.
Sorry dont care about the chinese.As for other categories,lets see how this goes.