Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 1 decade ago

SOMEONE DROPPED JJ HARDy!!!?

i was like what the hell?!? but i picked him up, and he cleared waivers and now hes on my team. But I already have carlos guillen on my team so i really dont need him. what solid batter/pitcher could i get for jj hardy??

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

ERIK Bedard

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Given Hardy's struggles as of late I think his value is greatly diminished. Erik Bedard is way too much wishful thinking in my opinion. over the past month Hardy has hit .239/12/3/7/0. If you think he'll get back to earlier season form (I personally don't), then consider moving Guillen who would have more value in a trade. If Hardy cleared waivers in your league then you know demand isn't especially high for him and often managers are reluctant to give up for a guy who was just a free agent regardless of how good he is (this makes little sense to me, but is always the case). I think for Hardy you'd get a solid #3 pitcher like Ted Lilly, Mussina, Capuano, Gil Meche (good ratios, not many wins), Kenny Rogers. Hitters just depends on what position but try for an undervalued guy like Casey Kotchman, Eric Byrnes, Dan Uggla, Curtis Granderson, etc. I don't think you'll find anyone who thinks Hardy ends the season on his 35 HR and nearly 100 RBI pace. Best of luck with your trade.

Recent 1 for 1 deals with Hardy on Yahoo:

Hardy for Rich Harden

Hardy for Victorino

Hardy for Billy Wagner (never happen in most leagues)

Hardy for Jeremy Guthrie (this would be good for you and possible)

• 1 decade ago

If nobody else claimed him then apparently nobody in your league wants him. See what you can do. Maybe go for a closer or a mediocre starter. Right now his market value is low.

By the way somebody in my league dropped Adrian Gonzalez to get Dmitri Young lol. Right now I have Casey Kotchman pending on waivers for Gonzalez.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hardy has been struggling in a big way, both offensively and health-wise. The only reason that the Brewers keep plugging him in the lineup is that their options are limited.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

You won't get anything for a guy who is cold as ice and cleared waivers.

Source(s): Anyone else who was paying attention would have grabbed him if they thought he was worth anything either for their team or in trade value.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Given that he is stuggling you won't get much. Sit him on your bench a trade him when he gets hot again. Good Luck.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.