zippy asked in Cars & TransportationSafety · 1 decade ago

What is the law, regarding seat belts/ car seats/booster seats on coaches?

Hi, my 3 yr old son is going on a day trip to the seaside with nursery next week.

Does anyone know what the law is regarding seat belts on coaches.

I'm not sure if i have to take his car seat and wether it will fit to be secured.

does anyone know what i should do?

Thanks

And yes, i get to go to the seaside too!!!

nursery do not know anything regarding the seatbelt situation.

I am concerned that the coach has lap belts. therefore, my carseat won't fit.

?????????????????????????

Best Answer

Won't that be a fun trip for him! Does mom get to go to?

Any "over-the-road" passenger vehicle under 10,000 pounds should be equipped with seatbelts.

You should be able to bring your son's car seat and they should be able to install it in the coach. Just make sure they know how to do it properly!

However, some newer coaches are equipped with integrated child safety seats...

http://www.safeguardseat.com/bus/index.htm

Still it wouldn't hurt to still bring yours along to the center.

If you are in doubt, why not check with the day-care provider? Surely they have done these sort of outings before and can tell you what's normally done.

Edit: Cool... I hope you guys have fun!

Are you saying if the lap belts are present then your car seat WON'T fit? See I thought lap belts assisted in securing car seats... at least that's the way our last one worked. Or maybe you mean without the shoulder belt there's no way to secure the upper part of the seat. Hmmmm.... I see your point. Again, I think I'd ask the center about your concerns.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

After the Justice League falls apart, Booster Gold joins Extreme Justice, a team led by Captain Atom.[9] While a member of this team, Booster makes a deal with the supervillain Monarch, who fully heals Booster's wounds so that he can once again remove his battle suit. Booster dons a new costume created by Blue Beetle. Skeets acts as its systems controller, who aids Booster and is able to take control of the costume if Booster is rendered unconscious. VeteranBoosters.Com is proud to offer the best ELO Boost service in the industry! We offer cheap rates, top level players, and fast results. When you buy from Veteran Boosters you can be confident you are getting the safest, fastest, and most cost effective ELO Boost.