Why do people judge people with tattoo's so poorly?

I want to know why people who are tattooed get judge in such a negative light. I have heard a lot of people tell me how stupid those people are, or how trashy they must be because of their tattoos. I think that it is just so ignorant, to judge someone because they have a tattoo (or for any reason, race, religion... show more I want to know why people who are tattooed get judge in such a negative light. I have heard a lot of people tell me how stupid those people are, or how trashy they must be because of their tattoos. I think that it is just so ignorant, to judge someone because they have a tattoo (or for any reason, race, religion ect. but thats another topic). Why should they have to cover up their tattoos? I don’t see anything wrong with people showing who they are. I love tattoos and people with them! :)
Update: Kathryn you said "I mean one is okay but covering yourself with tattoos just makes you look well...stupid." How does it make them look stupid? To me, you judging someone and jump to a conclusion like that like that makes you not a very tolerant or educated person; can you explain why you would view that... show more Kathryn you said "I mean one is okay but covering yourself with tattoos just makes you look well...stupid."
How does it make them look stupid? To me, you judging someone and jump to a conclusion like that like that makes you not a very tolerant or educated person; can you explain why you would view that person as stupid? What about the tattoos made that person stupid? What if they had a PHD in Microbiology, are they still stupid beacuse of some tattoos?