Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

What are some good options for health insurance?

What are some good options for health insurance? My husband is still full time student, but it is too expensive to get on the schools insurance plan with him. I want decent coverage and also maternity coverage (just in case).. and I really don't know where to start looking. I just graduated and had always been on the schools insurance so this is a whole new step for me!! We don't have alot of money... We also go to school 7 months of the year in Idaho and live the other 5 in New Mexico for his job.. If that makes a difference.

If anyone could offer any help that would be great!!

And please only good thoughtfull answers.. I don't want any of the sarcastic few word ones.. this is a serious question.

Favorite Answer

Stay away from health insurance companies that advertise on television. That just drives up your premium costs which amounts to borderline insanity for the customer. Keep your deductibles as high as you possibly can and that will keep your premiums low.

It sounds as if your husband's work fails to provide health insurance options. You might consider checking with local insurance agents who sell health insurance.

Shop around before you make a decision. Also learn to negotiate. Most American's negotiating skills are absolutely pathetic. Be bold enough to get a company to quote your coverage/premium and then call them back when someone else beats their offer. Keep calling them back until they say they can't go any lower. Always document who you spoke to and when so they are prevented from giving you the run-around.

Hve you checked into some of the national companies like Blue Cross/Blue Shield? I have their number at home and will look it up tonight. I see some 800 numbers on TV alot. I think one of them is United Health Care. Maybe if you google it, you could find their numbers and get some quotes over the phone. Good luck, I'm in the same boat (no health insurance) and have just not found any that I can afford right now.

• Rouvin

I would recommend you to try this internet site where you can get quotes from different companies: http://cheap-insure.info/index.html?src=5YAxnu68um...

RE :What are some good options for health insurance?

Follow 2 answers

Source(s): I would recommend you to try this internet site where you can get quotes from different companies: http://cheap-insure.info/index.html?src=5YAxnu68um...