Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Do you go to Sin City?

In secret but condemn it like Sodom and Gomorrah?

Las Vegas is Sin City.

Favorite Answer

I live in Las Vegas and I am an Atheist.

I'm a devout Christian and am taking my vacation there in two weeks. Would love to go to Cirque de Sole, you know of any good hook-ups? Anyway, sin is prevalent anywhere, not just Vegas. I'm not a gambler, although I'm not opposed to someone placing money on something for entertainment value, if you let it control you, it becoms a sin. As far as the other stuff, again to some degree that element is in most places... in Vegas I see magic shows, comedic shows, I check out attractions like the fountains and the Stratosphere, I hang out at the hotel pool and take a side trip to the grand canyon.

Do you mean las vegas? I have been there a couple of times. I love the fountains at the Bellagio and could watch them for hours. i love the aquariums at the various casinos. I enjoy the sights along the strip and have seen Charro and Tony Orlando perform. I never spend more than a few dollars on the slots (no more than I spend on a gambling boat in Illinois or at a casino in Wisconsin, Iowa, or South Dakota) I do find the advertizements on the backs of the taxis unsettleing but otherwise can enjoy Vegas without judgement.

My brother used to live there.... and we would go to see him, or for conventions... but it gets worse each time we go... you cannot even walk down a street without porn being shoved at you!

of course, we don't gamble.... my brother couldnt figure that out... but i can't see pouring my money into some machine or game when you know that vegas wasnt built because of the gamblers winning!

you can still be of Christ in ungodly places... but you have to be grounded in your faith...

• SDC

I went to Vegas to see Celion Dion. And I did gamble. I was only there for four days, and it was enough for me! I appreciated the hotels we went in and saw all the beauty. But there really isn't a lot of moral value in that city! What I saw was nice architect work and paintings. Also they sell some really good drinks there!

Wish I could go to Vegas and play some poker. Wow a dream come true that would be.

Do you mean Sun City In South Africa?, Is so yes was a fantastic place, lots to see and do, my visit did involve a lot of sinning, which I enjoyed immensely, so perhaps it should be renamed Sin City.

yes it very beautiful place \

i enjoy the machine porker

been there only once