JJ Hardy or Jose Reyes for nl east all start staring ss?

I was watching the Mets play this weekend and one of the commentators stated that JJ hardy was by far the better ss this year thus far and should be the nl east starter at short stop despite trailing Mr Reyes in the voting. Not only did he say this but he was quite adamant and argumentative about it. He could not... show more I was watching the Mets play this weekend and one of the commentators stated that JJ hardy was by far the better ss this year thus far and should be the nl east starter at short stop despite trailing Mr Reyes in the voting. Not only did he say this but he was quite adamant and argumentative about it. He could not understand how Reyes could be leading in the voting. He did not say Reyes was not any good but he said he should not be the starter. Now this is a baseball analyst someone who studies and lives for baseball. His comments were quite off the wall to me and I am not even a Mets fan but Reyes is the best ss in the NL east despite Harrdy' s good half of a season thus far. Hardy is good but I will take Reyes any day any time...what do you think? Did anybody else hear this?
15 answers 15