Does bleach kill spiders??????

Alright so I just saw this big brown spider in closet and doused it with bleach hoping that would kill it and now I can't find it cause it ran off...Will the bleach kill it??? Please answer fast!!! I'd like to sleep in peace tonight!

Favorite Answer

I've had great luck with ammonia. Then you won't have to worry about getting bleach on anything.

Source(s): I hate spiders!

I have used thick bleach and that did not kill them immediately, just bogged them down until I found another way to kill them. Thin bleach is not much good I found but there is a product called Flash with bleach which has killed them every time and quite rapidly. Good idea to read the instructions regarding what surfaces to spray it on, I have lino floors and it is ok.

Just saw this huge spider in the bathroom. So I got flash with bleach and sprayed it. It got up and moved so I sprayed it again. It's not moving now. So I thinks it's dead.... I hope....

Wolf spiders like to hang out in my swimming pool chlorine floater. I don't think bleach will kill them.

as long as you actually got the bleach on the spider.. depending on its size and type of spider if it will have an immediate effect or if it will take a couple of days

There is a better alternative.. without the use of chemicals. I kill them with hot hot water. there legs just shrivle up.

i highly doubt it will kill it-all is will do is either make it get all scrunched up and you think its dead but really still alive but if you say it is gone then it is still functioning and no will not eventuallyjust die from it it is always better to get a direct shot at one and kill it with an object, fly swatter etc.

it might but it also might get on your clothes or shoes in there and make a mess, stupid, use spray starch if you dont have bug spray, it makes them all sticky and they cant move. i do it to wasps too.

yep. the acidity destroys them. similarly salts (acid) destorys slugs. dont beleive chek out my video on http://youtube.com/watch?v=g_z5fw7jkTc

Youtube thumbnail

Bleach kills everything!!!