Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Push Ups??

I am 15. How many push up should i do a night? How many reps and sets?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The number of push ups you should do is dependent on one thing: how many push ups you can do in the first place. Push ups work two major muscles, pectorals and triceps, and by doing push ups you increase stregnth in both these muscle groups (arms and chest). I suggest doing 3 sets of regular push ups until failure (keep doing push ups until the last one is very hard), and 3 sets of daimond pushups (or pushups with the hands alot closer then normal). For the closer handed pushups, it is not necessary to go as far down as regular pushups, and when you get to the top, really push your chest out (like you are pretending to walk around like a macho man). I like these because the lower part of the close handed push up works the arms really well, and the upper most part helps to squeeze the chest muscles together.

Remember, go slow and have good form (like a plank). How many you do is not as important as how well you do them.

• 1 decade ago

3 sets of 10

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

10 sets of 200.

any less and you're worthless

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.