Are divorced/remarried people going to hell? I Corinthians 6:9?

I Corinthians 6:9 is constantly quoted as condemning homosexuals to hell. But, from a literal interpretation of scripture, it also says that adulterers will not inherit the kingdom of God. Luke 16:18 says that adulterers are anyone who divorces and remarries another. So, fundies, considering over 50% of the... show more I Corinthians 6:9 is constantly quoted as condemning homosexuals to hell. But, from a literal interpretation of scripture, it also says that adulterers will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Luke 16:18 says that adulterers are anyone who divorces and remarries another.

So, fundies, considering over 50% of the country is divorced, do you believe that all of these people are going to hell?

You tell the homosexual that the only way to get to heaven is to turn from their sin....So, likewise the only way for the divorced to turn from sin would be for them to remain celibate.

Therefore, according to a literal interpretation, if the divorced/remarried folk do not remain celibate, they will go to hell.

So, 50% of the country is divorced and
10% are gay....

Not a lot of people getting into your heaven.